Millions of Americans are killed on the roadways from automobile accidents every year. Distracted drivers account for many of these accidents, which usually encompass texting/talking on the phone. Other drivers are driving at reckless speeds while other are driving while impaired or driving under the influence. Unfortunately, the decisions that these drivers take put millions of lives in danger. If you or a loved one was injured in an auto accident as a result of someone else’s negligence on the road, you deserve zealous advocacy from a Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney who can ensure that all available remedies are pursued to seek justice on your behalf. The type of recoverable damages that we help you recover include lost wages, rehabilitation expenses, medical expenses, emotional distress, and physical pain. At Darfoor Law, we take each client’s case as serious as if it was our own loved one. We have experience representing individuals who have suffered severe injuries.
Immediately after a car accident, it is critical that you do several things to protect yourself so you can ensure you receive all the compensation available to you. If you are in a position to do so, these few simple actions can help your case down the road:
- Exchange contact information and insurance information with the other driver.
- Locate any witnesses in gather their contact information
- Use your smartphone to take pictures of the scene of the accident, including damages to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask for a copy of the police report from the police officer.
- Get checked out by a doctor immediately regardless of how you feel in the immediate aftermath.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer at Darfoor Law Firm. We will provide you with a free legal consultation. We also have a no recovery, no fee pledge meaning that if we represent you in your case you don’t get charged a fee if there is no recovered amount.