Recorded Statements – Darfoor Law Skip to content

Recorded Statements

After going through the stress of an accident, one of the questions you have to ask yourself is “Do I have to give a recorded statement to the insurance company in an auto accident case in Florida?”.

You might receive a call from someone asking for a recorded statement. You must know who you’re talking to, if it’s your own insurance provider or the negligent driver’s insurance company. The insurance company will assign an adjuster to your claim and they will be tasked with getting you to provide a recorded statement (sometimes referred to as “statement under oath”).

If your own insurance provider asks for a recorded statement, you have to cooperate. You are required to give your own insurance company a recorded statement under the terms of your policy. However, we do not recommend you providing a recorded statement without the representation of counsel. But you can always say no if it’s the at-fault party’s insurance provider asking for a statement. Anything you say can be used against you or aid them in denying your claim.

Before giving a statement, ask for the help of a lawyer that specializes in car accidents. You can contact Darfoor Law at 754-812-8444 or email us at You can also visit our website for more information.

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *